Sunday, February 21, 2010

George Soros loaded up on GLD - good move since gold bull market will last many years

There was news last week that George Soros bought a huge amount of GLD when it dropped testing around $1045. I'd be a bit mire convinced if he's buying the physical and not just GLD (if he stops out at a retest of that low it would help send it for a deeper retest!). And while I still respect the alternatives I've described before (use "Gold" label to locate), I'm also still bullish gold for the long term. Now there's another analysis with T Theory in support. There are plenty of good reasons to like gold, even with pullbacks that may be deep or discouraging. Terry Laundry has provided a whole new set for this weekend's T Theory Observations: Terry Laundry's Weekly T Theory Observations, today at his site, http://www.ttheory.com/.

I'm posting the quote that includes the small versions of his charts but they should open up when you click on them, to his site. I know some of the font text is awry bit too little time to fix - just go to Terry's site to see it all, of course. Besides, I always recommend to my readers that you keep up with what Terry Laundry is showing at his webpages (so his site is always in the list at right):
=============
Observations for Sunday Feb 21 2010 Today's topics cover the Big Gold T, its relationship to long term interest rates and the advantages of owning Gold for the very long term.

The three charts for this T Theory discussion are shown below. Below each chart is a link for my Audio Commentary. You may click on any chart for a larger size image.


Big Gold T

For the Big Gold T Commentary Download TTO20100221 Big Gold T

GLD vs SPX

For the Gold vs S&P 500 Commentary Download TTO20100221 Gold vs S&P

GLD vs $TYX

For the Gold vs Interest Rate T Commentary Download TTO20100221 Gld vs

Each Sunday, unless otherwise noted, I post my observations here by Sunday afternoon. The presentation makes use of my charts which you can download and print for a more detailed picture.

My mp3 audio files provide the bulk of the commentary. If you have a problem listening to them, or they cut out, experience shows that your computer's audio memory has become saturated. A restart of your computer should clear up the problem.

At the bottom of this page I have added links to prior Categories and prior Posts.

If you have a specific question about T Theory you may email it to me via the envelope below. However I am busy and I won't be able to reply until I get a break. Thank you for your interest and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment