Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bradley model enthusiasts will be looking for significant equities market levels this June and July

Who uses the Bradley model for predicting highs and lows in the equities markets? While I've personally not had success in interpreting and applying this cycles model, I'm aware there are a number of investors and traders who take account of it. So for those interested in the Bradley model - don't forget that there are significant cycle dates coming up in a matter of weeks. Specifically, June 3, June 26, and July 14-15. Readers here know that I'm expecting the late May time period to be significant. Well, that's based partly on what I see in the dollar chart and now in the gold chart, as well as the Fibonacci analysis I posted the weekend of March 7-8 talking about Fibonacci time arcs. The early March lows were in a time window of 1.382 years from the October 2007 highs, and the 1.618 year time window will be in late May. It's just my idea, and I will quickly defer to other cycles and methods that may be more proven. (Fibonacci time arcs are proven, but I cannot be certain that I selected the "right" measurement.) There can be other cycles methods that happen to track with these Bradley model dates, even if using different methods.

Don't forget that the Bradley model dates can be either highs or lows. This chart shows the June and July dates as cycle highs. But the chart can invert, as explained in the notes right on the chart. So even a Bradley model proponent cannot rely on it to guarantee that the time window as shown, won't be low points in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment