Today is a day when the ChartsEdge daily map is taking the upper hand over the idea that Elliott Wave 2 was done and ready for wave 3 down (and those with Andre Gratian's subscription updates intraday you were already getting your projections from him). After hours will be a better time to evaluate whether we've seen the wave 2 up complete intraday today, and then look for the wave 3 down after today. Meantime, looking at the daily bars (SPX chart below) shows once again from a swing trader's perspective that the markets are still struggling with support/resistance levels. And the VIX chart (at right) shows that the VIX tested down to but has moved back up intraday again from its lower Bollinger Band. If the VIX puts in a triple bottom that will be significant (bearish). If instead it breaks down from a triple bottom, also significant (bullish) - keeping in mind that the next significant Fibonacci level is at 24.78. (But we also have support at that trendline on the monthly chart that is more consistent with where the VIX is today.)From a Fibonacci perspective the idea that Elliott Wave 2 completed intraday today can be valid. So although I feel like I'm "crying wolf" as I had already seen that possible yesterday, I believe I must point it out. We'll have time to sort through the Elliott Wave possibilities later. For now, from the perspective of Fibonacci and classic chart support/resistance along with the VIX, traders need to consider the possibility that the bearish prospects aren't out of reach.
No comments:
Post a Comment