Saturday, August 15, 2009

Other analysts also registering the resistance facing the Nasdaq and technology sectors now

I've shown recently including earlier today how the Nasdaq 100 index ETF, the well-known QQQQ, is stalling at its Fibonacci 50% retrace to the 2007 peak. As well as its chart price overhang resistance from its 2008 swing lows. This afternoon I noticed some others are seeing the resistance too, even by using other methods. One is Andy Askey with his Gann analysis, and another is Marty Chenard with trandline and technical analysis. Each of their articles contain good technical charts, which I can recommend checking out. I think this is very important because I cannot fathom the broader equities markets continuing to advance if the Nasdaq fails from this resistance.

Here are the links:

Technology Indices Near Resistance from 1×1 Angle - PTV-Investing.com, by Andy Askey at his PTV-Investing blog (8/14/09).

Safe Haven | The NASDAQ 100 ... Has it Been in a Bull Market Rally, or in a Bear Market Rally? by Marty Chenard posted at Safe Haven (8/14/2009).

Weakening Weekly Wrap-Up | Phil’s Stock World (8/15/09)

Here's my QQQQ weekly chart that I posted earlier so you can see those retrace levels. By the way, the fact that the 50% retrace to the 2007 highs is between the .618 and .786 retracements to the August 2008 high is similar to a bearish Fibonacci setup (TCZ). I'm not sure it's really full-fledged, but the cluster of these resistance levels is very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment