New info comes via reader "nova" (so it's fitting, right?!) - sharing the link to an article on how contago is depressing UNG (and maybe natural gas itself?). Hmmm, I remember when contango was part of the down move for USO, until finally oil was ready to move up. This article also mentions HNU.TO (in Canada) as an alternative: Professional's Input on Natural Gas - Slope Of Hope with Tim Knight. Below are charts of both. Man, both look like downward parabolic moves to me!
Folks, as traders, we've all done the bad deed of not setting or honoring stops. But it's very important, so I try to describe levels that should be used for stops. Okay - I don't want to turn this into an I-told-you-so. Trader Brian has said he's looking for mid-$8's, and I know other traders who are getting interested anywhere around $9, in UNG. Whether HNU is better, I don't personally know. I like to chart ETF's on their own chart patterns when there's a chance they don't reflect the underlying well. For $NATGAS, I can see approximately $2.50 (not exact but close around that number, about plus or minus 6 cents), as a turning point. That level looked far away just two days ago! I jeep having to say I can do more charting this weekend. But if I see these levels before then I may have to nibble - although I always caution swing traders, look for a trigger day first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment