Sunday, July 26, 2009

Equity market bullishness projected by T Theory analysis, from Terry Laundry; and Schaeffer's Monday Morning Outlook worth a look

Terry Laundry has provided a feast of charts and commentary today, with his T Theory work at his T Theory website. Definitely worth checking out. I'm very aware that his projections do not synch up with the Objective Elliott Wave work of Tony Caldaro, or many other analysts of various methods. For myself, I actually can make Elliott Wave "arguments" either way, and I respect Terry's work, so I'm just going to remain neutral for now. You'll understand what I mean when you see what Terry's projecting. (I'm tempted to display his chart but not sure that I should, so you'll just have to go there and check it out.) Here's Terry's list of topics today:

Update for Sunday July 26 2009 Today's [4] Topics include;

1. Comments on Cycle Theory inversion problems, Walter Bressert's cycle software, and [the email address] for info on the cycle program.

2. General theory of Advance-Decline Ts and Carl's hint on setting up www.stockcharts.com to plot $NYAD and the need to select "cumulative" from the chart's "type" menu.

3. Calculation of the Big A-D T Data (A= June 4 2007; B=Nov 20 2008;C=March 8 2009) which computes Projected next major peak near August 26 2010; and

4. Calculation of the small new Short Range T; Data (a= March 18 2009; b=Jun 23 2009 c= July 10 2009) so the next projected short term peak is near Oct 15 2009.


Another set of reading I always recommend is the Schaeffer's Research Monday Morning Outlook, and today's is Monday Morning Outlook: Dow Powers Through 9,000; SPX Takes Aim at 1,000. Todd Salamone's on vacation but Ryan Detrick has posted up a good set of chart analysis nonetheless; always worth considering, to see what others are saying and to ponder how the charts look. I'm not saying that the SPX will get to 1,000 - especially if Tony Caldaro's count that the SPX is completing the 5th wave in the movement up from July 8, is any indication that a corrective pullback of some level is on the way. (Tony's count if you remember is that it's still completing the last part of the small 5th wave, and it wouldn't surprise me if that coincides with the idea of a trading cycle crest this week.) More specifically, their intro says:

Looking ahead to next week, Ryan Detrick, Senior Technical Strategist, examines support and resistance levels for the S&P 500 Index (SPX), the current levels of doubt among Wall Street investors, and the potential for the current rally to continue. Then, Senior Quantitative Analyst Rocky White zeroes in on the Nasdaq Composite's (COMP) 12-session winning streak, which ended on Friday, and the potential implications of such an extended uptrend. Have you missed the COMP rally, or is there more to come? We wrap up with a look at some key economic and earnings reports slated for release this week.



You know, since the Schaeffer's intro reminds me, I should used the Nasdaq Composite's 1912 level as a test to see whether the markets will go into a more bullish mode (a la Terry's T forecasts).

No comments:

Post a Comment