Analysts using the Bradley model should be cheering for this of course, as today is the second day of the July 14-15 turn window. Then, I also am aware there are some analysts out there - Terry Laundry, and I know that at Phil's Stock World there seems to be at least one - who have been thinking something different from the H&S or Elliott Wave potential for a movement down. Phil's idea seems to be a trading range, and Terry had been looking for a move up although his 55-day moving average got violated, maybe if the S&P 500 can make the 55-day MA support then Terry will get back with that again - will see. Meantime, traders will be looking in the short-term for how the market reacts around these levels, and so will we!
One more comment - while it is true that channels usually help define EW patterns, there are times when a pattern is valid and at the same time moves outside of channel lines. I have seen this in the past with some second wave pullbacks upward - so it is one of the reasons why I do not view the channel line as an "absolute" in terms of the EW count.
No comments:
Post a Comment